3 years experience in management with > 10 years in leadership and > 15 years creating software, design, & growth.
My first experience with humble leadership sparked my passion for management. It was an eye opening experience, and I was lucky to have a good mentor.
Focus conversations using a bias for action, build decisions, and keep things moving
Guide the team through goal setting, OKRs, roadmaps, kickoffs, check-ins, 1-on-1s, and retrospectives
Develop reports, templates, checklists, flows, and surveys
Key Values and Principles
Managers should help you be happy, healthy, and satisfied with your career
Employee Well-being and Satisfaction
- Create safe spaces
- Encourage healthy practices
- Prevent burnout, alleviate symptoms, and mitigate damage
- Enable rest and recuperation
Team Building and Communication
- Set you up for success
- Build satisfaction
- Foster good communication
- Cultivate strong teams
- Nurture careers
- Empower others
- Support career advancement
- Develop feedback mechanisms
- Enable learning and professional development
- Coach goals and clearly communicate expectations
- Mentor juniors on their journey to become leads by building their project management, teamwork, and communication skills
- Share advanced techniques and best practices
- Run cross-functional workshops to share knowledge across unfamiliar disciplines
Project Management and Execution
- Facilitate productivity and remove barriers
- Delegate and provide resources
- Improve project intake quality with issue templates
- Implement feedback mechanisms such as design reviews and code reviews
- Build QA approval checklists
- Developed shared definitions of done and built consensus for target devices and audiences
- Ensure sufficient data gathering to enable metric-driven goal setting
- Create processes to facilitate SaaS growth
❤️🎨 I love design and development. 📖📚 I value knowledge. 🕹️🎮 Video games are my primary recreation. 🌲🐈 Plants and animals make me happy. ⌨️⌨️ I build custom keyboards.
- The phrase "intent vs impact" is of high importance to me.
- I prefer the frank and direct approach and won't take it personally, but I understand and empathize that others might not like the direct approach.
- I operate in a judgement-free zone.
- Let's document things! Documentation benefits everyone.
- My background in architecture adds a unique behavioral psychology element to my designs.